Thursday, October 4, 2007

New Goretrade Song and Videos From California Deathfest

Well today I logged onto the Slam-Minded myspace to a very welcome surprise. Goretrade have released a new song from their next album, to be released on 08. I eagerly gave it a listen, as Goretrade have become one of my favorite bands. After listening to it a few times I can happily say that it is awesome and it is the same Goretrade that I love. No new elements, no progression, just excellence. They are already unique and good enough not to have to reinvent themselves, so I'm glad they just stuck to their formula and made a kickass song. But don't take my word for it, listen to it yourself at their myspace.

Now as many of you may know, the first California Deathfest went down in Fresno, CA this past weekend. Despite numerous cancellations, most notably Disgorge and Devourment, it was still an amazing line up featuring Infernal Revulsion, Digested Flesh, Guttural Secrete and Cephalotripsy among others. Someone has graciously posted videos of some songs on youtube so I thought I'd post them here for your enjoyment. Hopefully the HTML gods are with me. EDIT: Meh, it's a little cut off, but not too bad. Enjoy!

Mike Majewski (Devourment) and Guttural Secrete (I think) playing Choking on Bile


Infernal Revulsion


Cephalotripsy


Notes on the future: We have sent out the interview questions to Down From the Wound and Randyl has told us he's going to get back to us in a few days, so keep your eye out for that.

No comments: